This podcast series explores topics of interest to OpenStack practitioners, focusing on the ecosystem in Israel.
In this episode I speak with Ken Pepple, CTO of Solinea and author of Deploying OpenStack. We talk about:
- What does Solinea do?
- How does OpenStack compare to other infrastructure cloud software on the market, such as CloudStack, vCloud, and Eucalyptus?
- What types of customers are using CloudStack vs. OpenStack, and for what?
- What are CloudStack and OpenStack deployments making money on?
- What has attracted customers to OpenStack in the past and now with Icehouse?
- What is the focus of the Icehouse release, and how will it help enterprises?
- What kinds of Hadoop solutions are happening that integrate OpenStack?
- What happens during the two to three months of a pilot infrastructure cloud project?
- What is the difference between an OpenStack distro and an OpenStack services offering?
- What are the two main challenges facing the Israel OpenStack community?